Thin 2 mm Stainless Steel K-type Thermocouple Probe 6 inch
- in stock
- 0.20 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
This is a high quality k-type thermocouple with thin stainless steel insertion probe, which is good up to about 500 degree C Celsius or about 932 degree F Fahrenheit continuous use, and short term up to 800 C or 1472 F. The diameter is 0.078 inch or 2.0 mm. The stainless steel probe is 6 inch (15 cm or 150 mm) long with a blunt rounded tip and has a spring loaded strain relieve. It comes with a high quality miniature k-type thermocouple connector which has blades made from K-type compensating metal chromel / alumel. The thermocouple plug has a brass strain relieve. The wire has a fiber glass inner insulation and stainless steel outer braid. This k-type thermocouple immersion probe can be used for a wide range of applications and is protected from most corrosive substances. This k-type thermocouple can be mounted in ovens, kilns or furnaces. It is also used to monitor machines and liquids in industrial processes. In metal working it can be used to measure some melted metals, for example it can be inserted into molten lead in bullet casting and some melted aluminum. It can be mounted in ducts, pipes, exhaust pipes to measure the temperature of gas or liquid.
The great feature of this thermocouple is that it is thin and therefore very flexible. It can be bent in almost any shape you need, which is great when there is no straight line to the measurement point. We have included a picture that compares the thickness of the 2 mm thermocouple to a standard 3 mm thermocouple. This flexible stainless steel thermocouple is also available in 4 inch (100 mm) length, model number SSP-2-100 and in 12 inch (300 mm) length, model SSP-2-300, as shown on the last picture. Search my other listings.
- K-type Thermocouple with high Quality Stainless Steel Sensor
- K-type thermocouple wire with Standard Accuracy: +/- 2.2 °C or +/- .75%
- 3 ft (92 cm) long thermocouple cable with braided stainless steel cover, mini thermocouple plug made from chromel / alumel
- Temperature measurement range: -328 to 932 °F (-200 to 500 °C), short term 1472 °F (800 °C)
- Grounded K-type Thermocouple junction for fast measurements
- Handle should be kept below 200 degree F.