T-type Thermocouple Wire AWG 24 Stranded PVC insulation 10 yd
- in stock
- 0.50 LBS
- Calculated at Checkout
Stranded T-type Thermocouple Wire with PVC Insulation
- 1 yard or multiples of 1 yard -
This is a T-type thermocouple wire with blue PVC insulation, which is good up to about 105 C or 221 F. This T-type thermocouple wire can be used to make your own thermocouples for a wide range of applications, or to make your own extension wire. T-type thermocouples are frequently used to measure cold and ultra cold temperatures in cryogenic application. This T-type thermocoule wire can measure the temperature of liquid nitrogen, dry ice and other cooling fluids used in cryogenics. The copper constantan wire is made to standard T-type thermocouple specifications. This is a stranded wire with 7 filaments, it is more flexible than a solid wire and therefore especially useful for flexible T-type extension wires and pulling T-type thermocouple wire in conduit. It is sold in 10 yard increments, so if you order 2 units of this, you will receive a single 20 yard long wire.
This wire can be used to make extension wires, in this case it can transmit temperature signals up to 750 °F (400 °C). The wire insulation just should not be exposed to temperatures higher than about 220 °F (105 °C), because the PVC will start to soften and melt. You would use a T-type thermocouple with fiberglass, FEP or stainless steel insulation in the hot zone and run that to a colder spot, and from there transmit the signal using the cheaper wire with PVC insulation.
- T-type Thermocouple wire for making thermocouples or extension wire
- Measurement range: -328 °F to 220 °F (-210 °C to 105 °C)
- Copper / Constantan type T thermocouple wire with Standard Accuracy (whichever is greater): +/- 1.0C or +/- .75%
- Stranded wire, AWG 24 (0.51 mm), 7 strands x 0.2 mm
- ANSI color coded PVC insulation, blue = + (positive), red = - (negative)
- Sold in 10 yard increments, 1 unit = 10 yard, order 2 units and you receive a 20 yard wire spool